Create your own path
Design your career through our numerous advancement opportunities, including professional development programs, continuing education programs, and professional association memberships. Whether you’re interested in managing a part of the business, specializing in project management, or developing your technical skills and becoming a subject-matter expert in your practice, we put people first and have the resources and world-renowned experts to get you on the right path.
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.
1. Test Manager
South Co. Dublin, Ireland
AYAVIG IT Services based in South Co Dublin is seeking a strong Test Manager/Business Analyst for one of the leading financial clients in Ireland. The person selected will use existing test tracking tools to monitor the progress and capture evidence in line with bank standards. The role will involve focusing Ops and Tech teams to achieve their goals and identifying/resolving/escalating issues as required.
- Define test strategies and test plans that drive a best-practice approach to software testing
- Manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive system testing
- Support the execution of tests and the associated defect management process
- Collaborate with the development team to support the resolution of defects
- Analyse functional requirements in order to assist with the development of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts methodology to included functional system testing, integration testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Demonstrated experience managing a test function in a CI environment
- 10+ years of experience working in the software industry, especially with software automation frameworks
- Deep knowledge of industry best practice (CI/CS/Agile etc)
- Strong business and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain partner relationships
- Strong presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills as required to ensure a teams deliver
- Strong people management skills
- Strong experience in managing end to end system test activities
- Experience communicating with senior stakeholders/C-level executives
- Ability to complete detailed and accurate written reports/documentation
- Proactive / self-starter, with proven ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to influence others and provide feedback
2. IT Project Manager
IT project management is part project management, part technology operations and part general management. IT project managers plan, organise, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact. They coordinate the work of other IT professionals and administrative staff to produce a new piece or system of software. The core elements of the job are about organising people and time resources, and seeing the project through from inception to completion. Project managers have ultimate responsibility for meeting the business’s or client’s needs.
The successful candidate will be taking full ownership of the delivery process, either working autonomously or leading a small team, able to spot bottlenecks in the project lifecycle and ensuring all projects meet time, cost and quality expectations.
- Developing project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed
- Developing schedules and methods for measuring results
- Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
- Organising and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
- Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the delivery of multiple complex IT projects from client order and requirement gathering through to deployment
- Planning deliverables, timelines and resources within a given budget
- Provide day to day direction and guidance, defining clear roles & responsibilities and reporting relationships for stakeholders on assigned projects
- Management of the P&L accounts
- Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications
Travel: can be frequent, particularly if working at consultancy level.
Working hours: mainly 9 to 5 but deadlines may require additional hours to be worked.
Career development will require continually developing and upgrading a diverse skills portfolio, with a focus on technical specialties, projects and business operations. It may require frequent job movement to widen experience. Project managers often move into consultancy after they have gained several years’ experience.
Pay can rise considerably with experience and responsibility. Sometimes there is a shortage of specific software skills and salaries can rise according to supply and demand.
Project management does not require strong technical skills, as the emphasis is very much on management, organisational and people skills. However, most project managers have programming or engineering backgrounds; this helps to lend them more credibility with technical team members and equips them better when interfacing with clients. While entry is open to non-graduates, preference is likely be given to those with relevant degrees, training and/or experience.
- Other Relevant Degree Subjects
- Software engineering / development
- Computer programming
- Information technology
3. Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer you will be working in a combined engineering organization to drive design, development, testing and release of services that enhances customer experiences and be responsible for managing distributed systems across Azure VMs and Azure Storage solution
- Deliver innovative end to end solutions for digital OSS/BSS and network functions
- Implementation, coding, configuration and testing
- Onsite solution integration
- Customer acceptance testing and deployment
- Working directly with customers for solution customization
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role – telecoms experience ideally
- Proven track record of delivering complex solutions to multiple customers, from defining requirements to deploying a solution
- Good understanding of telecommunications environments within the Policy and Charging domains is a plus, as is broader knowledge of the BSS environment
- Agile development environment experience
- Familiarity with cloud native environment and building DevOps pipelines – incorporating technologies like Docker & Kubernetes
- Have excellent analytical, communication and organizational skill
- Being able to multi-task
- Ability to influence key stakeholders on technical decisions
- Positive, solution-focused attitude
- Act as a mentor to more Junior staff
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Experience using different programming languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, Shell, etc
- Experience working in Unix/Linux development
- Experience of developing solutions using best-in-class tooling, such as IDEs, source code and deployment control systems, automated build and test systems
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP, REST, Diameter, and other TCP/IP protocols is strong plus
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence tooling
- Knowledge of the Elastic stack including logstash, metribeat/filebeat is a plus
Relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
4. Software Programmer
1. Coaching the Team
The Software Programmer is responsible for making sure that the members of the team are well trained into following the values of the Scrum framework and Agile practices.
2. Managing and Driving the Agile Process
The Software Programmer is in charge of how the whole process is played out from the start all through to the end. The Software Programmer manages the scope and timeline of the entire project. Remove team impediments on a daily basis to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
3. Be a Leader
A Software Programmer should be a leader to the team. They should be ready to come up with new solutions, and they should be open to receiving new ideas from team members and other stakeholders to make the deliverables meet the required standards. Facilitate team and cross-team Retrospectives to build good working relationships among the agile teams. Collaborate with members of the Product, Business and Engineering Teams to develop and maintain Product Backlogs. Write progress reports & present the results.
Microsoft .Net, C#, SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2008 R2, SSRS Reporting, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010, Portals and Collaboration, Corporate Performance Management, Java, PHP and Testing.
#, VB.Net, Java, C++. PHP, VB6
SQL Server 2000,2005, 2008R2, DB2, MySQL
Job Type: Full-time
Relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree